I have been thrilled this week with the progress I have seen the children making and only the third week back! We have continued with number and letter formation with some of the children being able to blend their sounds to form words. We are still looking at the five senses. Our focus this week has been sight, the children have discussed needing glasses, guide dogs and how looking at the sun can be dangerous. In Maths we have been counting to 10 and 20 then saying 1 more and 1 less. In craft we have been busy with Autumn. This week we have made scarecrows.
Please note that only healthy snacks can be brought in for break time.
Autumn 1 Overview – Reception and Pre-School
Welcome back from the Summer Break!!!!
- PE will take place on Wednesday. All PE kits will be placed in children’s bags on Friday for washing over the weekend. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Reception children must wear an apron for dinner. All aprons will be sent home on a Friday for washing.
- Show and Tell will take place on Wednesday afternoon.
- Merit and Achievement assembly takes place each Friday at 8:45 am. Children are welcome to bring certificates, badges, trophies etc to share with the school. Parents are welcome to stay for this assembly.
- The children will read twice a week. Reception reading days are Tuesday and Friday so please make sure their folders are in school on these days. There will also be high frequency word flashcards for the children to practise and these will be changed each Friday.
- The children will need 2 healthy snacks per day for break time, please refrain from giving yoghurt as this tends to get a little messy. Toast and fruit may be purchased at break time.
- Please can all children have appropriate outdoor wear for playtime. As the weather changes they will need to wear a hat, gloves and scarf.
- Children are provided with milk or water after break times. If you wish your child to bring in a drink bottle please can we kindly ask that it is just filled with water.
- Homework will be taken home on Fridays to be brought back the following Thursday.
The work we will be covering this half term, can be found displayed in the classroom. If you have any questions/queries please do not hesitate to drop in and speak to me.
Many Thanks – Mrs Rafferty