This week in Maths we have looked at making number bonds to five then to ten. We have practised counting, sorting and ordering numbers to twenty . In English we have continued with our story ‘The Little Red Hen’. We have been writing short sentences and learning about capital letters and full stops. The children had a great time in the playground going on a bug hunt with their magnifying glasses.
Please note that only healthy snacks can be brought in for break time.
Autumn 1 Overview – Reception and Pre-School
Welcome back from the Summer Break!!!!
- PE will take place on Wednesday. All PE kits will be placed in children’s bags on Friday for washing over the weekend. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Reception children must wear an apron for dinner. All aprons will be sent home on a Friday for washing.
- Show and Tell will take place on Wednesday afternoon.
- Merit and Achievement assembly takes place each Friday at 8:45 am. Children are welcome to bring certificates, badges, trophies etc to share with the school. Parents are welcome to stay for this assembly.
- The children will read twice a week. Reception reading days are Tuesday and Friday so please make sure their folders are in school on these days. There will also be high frequency word flashcards for the children to practise and these will be changed each Friday.
- The children will need 2 healthy snacks per day for break time, please refrain from giving yoghurt as this tends to get a little messy. Toast and fruit may be purchased at break time.
- Please can all children have appropriate outdoor wear for playtime. As the weather changes they will need to wear a hat, gloves and scarf.
- Children are provided with milk or water after break times. If you wish your child to bring in a drink bottle please can we kindly ask that it is just filled with water.
- Homework will be taken home on Fridays to be brought back the following Thursday.
The work we will be covering this half term, can be found displayed in the classroom. If you have any questions/queries please do not hesitate to drop in and speak to me.
Many Thanks – Mrs Rafferty