We welcome applications to Farrowdale House Independent Preparatory School throughout the year.
Whatever age your child is, applying for a place at a new school can sometimes be a daunting experience. We aim to make the process as simple and stress-free as possible and strive to make it an exciting and welcoming time for everyone.
Places are available across most years of the school.
How to apply
Our Application process is straight forward.
- Complete and return an application form below
- Submit supplementary documentation: Copy of child’s passport/birth certificate
- Sit the Farrowdale Assessment (ages 4-11)
- Admissions decision made – informed by email
- Return acceptance and deposit to secure your place
Since opening in the early 1980s, Farrowdale House has continued to attract pupils from a wide catchment area that covers Greater Manchester and the Yorkshire/Lancashire Borders with pupils travelling daily from Chadderton, Middleton, Ashton-U-Lyne, Mossley, Saddleworth, Marsden, Rochdale, Walsden, Rossendale Valley, Littleborough and Whitworth. Farrowdale House is now the oldest established completely independent preparatory school in the area.