Its the final term of school and although we cannot spend it together I am looking forward to continuing our online learning with you all. Thank you for your continuous support and efforts during this difficult time. The children continue to make us proud every single day with their hard work and enthusiasm for learning. We will now be conducting a daily group video to allow the children to socialise with each other via Skype. Our video calls will be at 1pm and a link to access this will be posted on Class Dojo daily.
Early Years Curriculum Summer 2.
Maths – This term we will be focusing on number. We will be looking at solving practical problems by combining groups in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s and doubling an having numbers to and from 10. We will also be recapping our knowledge of addition and subtraction, using quantities and objects to count on or back from a number to find the answer. This week we will focusing on solving practical problems that include doubling and halving. It is important that the children practise their number formation daily using their number formation mats in their home learning packs.
Literacy – This term we will be focusing on story writing. Each week the children will be introduced to a new story linked to our theme of African animals, we will be looking at the key features of a narrative and use this in our writing. This week we focusing on the story of Handa’s Surprise by Eileen Browne. We will be using the text to help us write our own surprise story. Reading – It is important that the children continue to read daily.
Phonics – This term Reception children will be continuing to look at Phase 3 sounds, it is important that the children continue to practice writing and reading their tricky words using the mats provided in their home learning packs. Pre school children will be continuing to look at blending and segmenting CVC words as well as reading simple sentences. This week we will be introducing some phase 2 tricky words.
Reception sound of the week – Silent e
Topic – African Animals
Daily challenges will continue to be set each day to allow the children to express themselves creatively. We have really enjoyed seeing the work the children have produced at home by posting pictures onto Class Dojo. The children will receive Dojo points for each piece of work completed and extra points for their efforts with their work. Each week the child with the most Dojo points collected will be put into our end of year draw to win a special prize.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me via Class Dojo.
- PE will take place on Friday mornings. Please bring PE kits in on Monday to insure a change of clothing is available for your child should any accidents occur. All PE kits will be taken home on Friday for washing over the weekend. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name as to avoid any confusion during changing.
- Reception children must wear an apron for dinner. All aprons will be sent home on a Friday for washing.
- Show and Tell will take place on Friday afternoon.
- Merit and Achievement assembly takes place each Friday at 8:45 am. Children are welcome to bring certificates, badges, trophies etc to share with the school. Parents are welcome to stay for this assembly.
- The children will read once a week with a member of staff. Reception reading days are Monday’s and Tuesday’s, your child’s reading day will be displayed on their folder – Please make sure that their folders are in school on these days. It is important that your child reads as much as possible, children who have read more than three times at home will be placed on the star readers display.
- The children will need 2 healthy snacks per day for break time, please refrain from giving yoghurt as this tends to get a little messy. Toast and fruit may be purchased at break time.
- Please can all children have appropriate outdoor wear for playtime. As the weather changes they will need to wear a hat, gloves and scarf.
- Children are provided with milk or water after break times. If you wish your child to bring in a drink bottle please can we kindly ask that it is just filled with water.
- Homework for Reception will be given in the form of a learning log. Within the learning log will be a set of challenges relating to our termly topics. Children will have between 2-4 weeks to complete as many challenges as they can. Learning logs will be marked and sent back home every Friday.
- Registration will begin at 8.40. Please can we ask all parents to ensure they have said their goodbyes and vacated the room by this time as not to cause any distraction during registration, thank you.
The work we will be covering this half term, can be found displayed in the classroom. If you have any questions/queries please do not hesitate to drop in and speak to me.
Many Thanks – Miss Santana and Mrs Tagg.