In Maths this week we will be looking at time and measure. The children will be ordering a range of varied items according to their height and length.
In English this week we will be learning to write a list. We will be focusing on the text ‘Pumpkin soup’ by Helen Cooper.
- PE will take place on Tuesday. All PE kits will be placed in children’s bags on Friday for washing over the weekend. Please ensure all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Reception children must wear an apron for dinner. All aprons will be sent home on a Friday for washing.
- Show and Tell will take place on Friday afternoon.
- Merit and Achievement assembly takes place each Friday at 8:45 am. Children are welcome to bring certificates, badges, trophies etc to share with the school. Parents are welcome to stay for this assembly.
- The children will read twice a week. Reception reading days are Tuesday and Fridays, please make sure that their folders are in school on these days. It is important that your child reads as much as possible, children who have read more than three times at home will be placed on the star readers display.
- The children will need 2 healthy snacks per day for break time, please refrain from giving yoghurt as this tends to get a little messy. Toast and fruit may be purchased at break time.
- Please can all children have appropriate outdoor wear for playtime. As the weather changes they will need to wear a hat, gloves and scarf.
- Children are provided with milk or water after break times. If you wish your child to bring in a drink bottle please can we kindly ask that it is just filled with water.
- Homework for Reception will be given in the form of a learning log. Within the learning log will be a set of challenges relating to our termly topics. Children will have between 2-4 weeks to complete as many challenges as they can. Learning logs will be marked and sent back home every Friday.
The work we will be covering this half term, can be found displayed in the classroom. If you have any questions/queries please do not hesitate to drop in and speak to me.
Many Thanks – Miss Santana
Early Years Curriculum Autumn 1
Maths: In Maths we will be starting our new unit ‘Measurements’. We will be focusing on ordering objects according to their height and length. The children will partake in daily problems and group discussions where we will investigate many different maths problems in relation to measurements, we will use lots of different mathematical equipment to help us do this.
Literacy: In Literacy we are focusing on writing a list. We will be looking at lots of high frequency words and the different layout. We will be practicing how to write lots of different letters and familiar words. We will be practicing our letter formation and writing daily.
Topic – Our topic is now ‘Autumn’. During this topic we will be looking at the changes that occur in autumn and how this effects us. We will be taking part in lots of different Autumn themed activities whilst we learn about the festivals celebrated during this season.
Understanding the world
The children will be looking at the changes that occur in Autumn and the different festivals celebrated during this season.
Expressive Art and Design
All craft will be topic based and the children will have the opportunity to handle a variety of materials.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The children will be discussing being friends, taking turns, good behaviour, relationships and cooperation. They will learn the importance self-hygiene and being able to care for themselves.
During PE children will learn how to develop spatial awareness and safety around the PE equipment. They will develop their skills for running, jumping, catching and throwing. They will be learning to navigate their way around the large apparatus.
Communication and Language
Children will be learning to retell a simple story in the correct order. Use talk to connect ideas and explain what is happening and anticipate what might happen next. Use a range of tenses and use intonation, rhythm and phrasing to make the meaning clear to others.